Friday, July 25, 2008

Work Foul

When a co-worker calls your extension to discuss something, and you can hear him speaking through your other ear because he is right around the corner, that is a work foul. I get co-worker in stereo, except the right channel is a little tinny.

On the other hand, I could easily see talking to my boss like that (he sits 30 feet away, directly behind me) just to be retarded.

"Hello, R?"
"Yes Aaron?"
"Can I show you this spreadsheet?"
"Sure."
"Okay, turn around."

3 comments:

Noel said...

I agree.

Although in our house, my daughters often sit back to back and IM each other. Sigh.

Lyz said...

It is amazing how different mediums of communication can make the mundane seem exciting.

Thx, technology!

Noel said...

I was computing on the patio last night when one of my daughters comes out and asked if I had gotten email. She looks over my shoulder at the mailbox and tells me to scroll up. I open the brand new email from her which asks a question which I then proceded to answer.

Another case to support your original point.