Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hillary probably didn't win the primary there...

Kansas that is. This story tells us how a female referee was stopped from officiating a boys highschool basketball game.

"The reason given, according to the referees: Campbell, as a woman, could not be put in a position of authority over boys because of the academy's beliefs."

Can you believe this stuff?

As I read the article, I found a few more interesting points.

  1. Despite the school's name (St. Mary's), the school is NOT catholic. It is owned and operated by the Society of St. Pius X.

  2. The society's world leader, the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, was excommunicated by Pope John Paul II in the late 1980s.


Huh. This church has been around for less time than ME. Sweet.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

I don't think that all of Kansas could be described by this school's ridiculous decision.:)

AND, I was wondering if this St. Mary school has any female teachers.

And it totally doesn't take AGE into consideration. I know at the middle school I taught at, we had some issues because one of the Muslim boys was 15, and at that age, he doesn't HAVE to listen to women. FUN!

Aaron said...

I would wonder if that applies to all muslims, or just the sect that he belonged to. Either way, SIGN ME UP (jaykays).