Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hey Internet

I haven't posted in a while? What's up?

Just wanted to drop this tidbit I gathered after reading some links on my older sis's bloggity-blog:

The Coen Brothers are going to adapt The Yiddish Policemen's Union.

I'm half-way through the book right now (kind of stuck and half-way because I forgot it at my in-laws' house). If there is one type of movie the Coens do well, it's a weird noir film, and if there were a story that begged for a weird noir treatment, it was this one.

Based in an alternate-reality where the Jewish refugees from WWII settled in the Sitka of Alaska instead of Israel, a cop looks for the murderer of a potential-messiah who was excommunicated for homosexuality. Chess, drugs, pie, religion, mysticism, and Sam-Spade style narration abound.

I can foresee this being the Big Lebowski with more Yiddish and less weed.

No comments: